Hello friends & welcome to my little corner of the Internet.
My name is Hannah Van Dyk. I’m a 24 year old Canadian gal, currently living in Alberta, where I work in Edmonton. Daughter of a hardworking bus driver and step-daughter of a kind hearted farmer. A girl who loves small communities and lives in a big city.
Here are some random facts of great importance:
- I have a weird obsession with laundromats & semi-colons.
- I’m on a forever journey to become a better morning person. (The key is coffee & going to bed on-time.)
- I have very strong opinions on raisins and yogurt.
- I have a notebook & just a general book obsession.
- I buy book sets (Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, etc.) from used bookstores only – and I make sure they’re mismatched sets.
- I love: giggles from little children & the “Folk & Friends” Spotify playlist & sunshine & rain & chai tea lattes & yellow tulips & orange gerberas & gigantic trees & Honduras & Sharpie pens & good journals. I also love ampersands.
I love Jesus & what He taught us when He was on earth, but I have a hard time putting all those lessons into action.
I’m anchored in joy, which means I’ve generally got my head pointed towards the sky, squinting for silver linings. I’m also trying to keep my eyes peeled for adventures, because that’s one of the things my soul has been longing for these days. I spend a lot of time falling in love with the world around me, and I love to waste time in train stations and coffee shops.
I used to think I was a writer. Then I didn’t for a while. And now, I’m just working on what makes me happy and what I feel inspired to do. Sometimes that means writing down original words, because my fingers are itching to. Sometimes that means attempting to teach myself design and art, which is a work in progress.
I don’t really know who I am, to be honest. A piece of me thinks that’s why I love about pages – because they give answers into who people are, definite answers. I have no definite answers. I know a little bit of what I like, and a little bit more about what I don’t like. But that’s not what makes me me. So. If you came here to find out who I fancy myself to be, I don’t know yet. But I’m pretty okay with that.
Lately, I’ve been feeling like my heart is in five hundred different places. I don’t make my homes in places, though – I always place homes inside of people. & I smell my books, especially the really old ones that have been with me for a while.
& after all of that, I guess the real reason I’m doing all of this is because I’m trying to remember who God created me to be. Who he wants me to be and what passions and loves he’s placed on my heart – but also, what breaks my heart.
So. I’d love for you to join the adventure. You can follow along on this sparse blog, or give me a follow on my social media accounts – if you don’t look like spam, I’ll probably let you follow me on Instagram… here’s the Instagram and the Twitter accounts.